Monday, August 15, 2011

Talkin' Soup

Our next songwriter's group cd project is novelty songs.  This song was inspired from the world of online dating.  Now, I've tried a few different sites out with no luv connection per say...but good stories along the way, interesting people I've conversed with, and I've learned more about what a squirrel I can be when talking to someone on the phone for the first time.  Soooo I met a gentleman from Colorado. Along the way in our conversations, he was sick with a bad cold. I mentioned bringing him chicken soup if I were in the same state as him...all of a sudden the idea came for the soup to be personified...I re-read the lyrics of Gavin DeGraw's song, Belief... that was written from this perspective.  This was one fun song to write and come up with a harmonica part.  It was so out of my element.  Thanks to my friend, Keith, who wrote the music and got me out of my folk music box...refreshing!

Please click here to listen to Talkin' Soup...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhrupNcVQd8

Talkin’ Soup
Grotian/Heimann

I’ve got a broth that’s light and juicy
With a noodle that’s thick and yummy
and the meat is from a chicken
It’s the Chicken bok bok It’s the chicken bok bok I be

Chorus:
Talkin’ soup I’m talkin’ soup
Talk, talk, talk, talk
I’m talkin’ soup I’m talkin’ soup

I’ve got a home that’s round and cozy
Cooks my potatoes and carrots warmly
And the beef is soft and tender
In the crock pot in the crock pot I be

Repeat Chorus

Bridge:

When you’re sick I‘ll be calling you ready to fill your tummy full
With nourishment and lots of love that’s what I do best I be

Repeat Chorus

No comments:

Post a Comment