Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Open Heart

This song is part of the Unfolding of a Lovesong series that was written after watching the movie Once.  One day a street musician and a flower-pushing piano player meet. She shares a remarkable sonic rapport with the mechanically savvy guitarist. As their musical sensibilities quickly converge to striking effect, the talented pair soon determines to record an album together. (The music was great!...I could have done without all the language.)

While writing this song, I enjoyed reflecting upon the phases my heart has gone through...

The Open Heart  5-31-10
                    
I’ve been wondering when you’d get there
After years of rubble, rubble and ash
So much had to be burned away
The issues of the past
Look what I see

Chorus:
The open heart that was meant to be
The open heart I long for
The open heart sincerely
The open heart that was meant to be
The open heart I’ve longed for
Has a sign that says
I’m open not closed

I’ve been wondering what the next chapter
Of this story will be like what will it be like
Anticipation greets certainty that believes
Walk by faith not sight
Look what I see

Repeat Chorus

Bridge:
Welcome welcome there’s no closing time
Welcome welcome sit down let’s dine for awhile

Repeat Chorus

Also inspired by Ephesians 1:17-18
I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened...

No comments:

Post a Comment