Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Habbakuk 3 and Psalm 40

You my click on this link to listen to the following songs...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7oxw8lyPW8

Habbakuk 3:17-18

Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines
though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food
though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls
yet i will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Saviour

I desire to have a thankful heart...when the sun shines and when the rain comes...and the rain does come...How will I choose to respond?

Psalm 40:1-3

I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. 
He lifted me out of the slimy pit out of the mud and mire,
he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. 
He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God...

This is a song of deliverance...I like how it's raw. These verses have resonated in my heart through the years watching how God has done so much...sometimes my own words can't express it but these verses put a voice to the gratitude in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment