Sunday, August 26, 2012

Swing the Door

There have been times lately where I've wanted to hide away and pray..lay down burdens, pray for others and listen to God.  I reach for the door knob to walk into my room and I think of 5 other things I wanted to do...and I do them...I get into my room and begin talking to the Lord and turn on my computer then do the other two things that come to mind...There is a battle that goes on...I continue to press through. This song came after reading a devotional from Oswald Chambers..My Utmost for His Highest..it constantly speaks to my heart and challenges me. 

Swing the Door... song not finished yet. I figure if I start a post I will more likely to keep working on the song :)  Well..a month and a half later I did finish the song...Click here to listen..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfYUlnPmZ1k&feature=youtu.be

Resistance is keeping me from your heart
Distraction’s enticing me  It’s not hard
Contending I finally made it out, out of the dark
Like a magnet I’m being pulled, p
ulled away

Chorus:
Swing the door wide open
Step inside
Close the door tight real tight


Submission is echoing from these 4 walls
Gradually one knee’s on the floor face in my hands
Wrestling I don’t have a chance no no chance

Like a magnet, I’m being pulled, pulled away

Chorus:
Swing the door wide open
Step outside
Close the door tight real tight

Bridge:
A dance is taking place
Three partners can’t occupy the same space anymore
So here I go
I’m choosing to

No comments:

Post a Comment