Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Ocean Has a Shore


I can smell the ocean breeze- feel the sand on my feet- the moist wind is blowing my hair in my face as the water gushes over my ankles and I look out into the deep, wide blue. 

God is always speaking.  Just as the tide comes in and out...Sometimes I'm more in tune with Him than other times..When I've got a lot of heart and head clutter I don't always hear as clearly ...This song speaks to  how God teaches me things through the simple things in life..usually the same things over and over (it takes me awhile to get things)... They eventually drop from my head into my heart and that's where transformation takes place.  Also, how I compare myself with others who are way beyond me who seem to be effortlessly wading in deep waters...agreeing with the lie of comparison is a thief in my eyes and it robs us of many things... There are a lot of themes in this song...I hope it will speak to you or at least make you think of being on the beach watching seagulls and letting the water dance over your feet :)

You may click here to listen to song-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hIGUGDBlwU&feature=youtu.be


My ankles are covered with water
but I’d rather be submerged

Diving into places of depth
                                    
trying to find something of worth
     
It’s in this place I face my heart
      w
here pride is shown and gratitude sparse

Chorus:
            

The ocean has a shore a deep and shallow end
where the tide comes in and goes out again

A simple, steady rhythm I don’t think much about
The ocean has a shore  x2

Here I stand

I’m splattering and shattering  
The views I used to hold close
            
How bigger is better than t
he simple things I’m being told
     It's in this place I face my heart
    
Where pride is shown and gratitude sparse

Bridge:

You’re quenching my thirst
with one or two little words
You're quenching my thirst
Oh I like it here
Your breath is near
Oh I like it here Oh I like.. the ocean has a shore

@2012

 

No comments:

Post a Comment