Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Passageway

I'm kind of a dictionary and thesaurus nerd...I'm sure other songwriters can attest...

Passageway definition=
a. A movement from one place to another, as by going by, through, over, or across; transit or migration. b. The process of elapsing: the passage of time.
(n.) Way for passing into, through, or out of something, as within a building or between buildings; corridor, hall, alley, or the like

This song speaks to taking risks and facing fears-desire for change and to be obedient- making a decision  and the resistance that often comes with that- and taking action/walking that decision out...Soooo what is a passageway you need to walk through or already have...perhaps something to think about. You can do it whatever it is!! Please drop me a note if you'd like to share...I'd love to hear about YOUR passageway.

Please click here to listen to Passageway...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZmlOBxrtRE&feature=youtu.be

 

There’s a bridge for me to cross
With strong beams beneath my feet
All is gain nothing lost
If I choose to walk across this passageway

I’ve been taking life step by step
Forward, backwards and sideways
Wanting desperately
To move ahead not escape this passageway

Bridge:
I say yes to adventuring
Uncertainty’s being stared in the face
Laughter is calling while mockery’s marching
Through the dark tunnel
Of this passageway

With one foot on the bridge
The other close behind
A friend takes my hand
I’m still afraid but I’m entering into this passageway


No comments:

Post a Comment