Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Enjoy the Ride

I stumbled upon a set of train tracks near a cornfield in LaVista, NE...I was actually looking for a place to cry out and get out some things that were on my heart. It's amazing how cleansing that is...Well, God heard me and met me in an unexpected way.  What I experienced that day is simply expressed in this song.  The 2nd verse of this lyric was inspired while driving to the Grand Canyon with my sister and brother in law. While driving in the desert, I was noticing the landscape changing and how interesting and beautiful it was. It reminded me that even though I may be in a desert season in life..things will change. There's beauty and purpose here...this place and time is a place of learning to trust God in deeper measures and it's a reservoir of peace to draw from...I'm finding that to be true. 

You may click on the following link to hear Enjoy the Ride 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm6ZpNEBHZQ&feature=youtu.be
Enjoy the Ride- capo2f
Intro:  Em then Em G/B, C G then Emx2
The train track is like your arms
Strong as steel
For miles and miles ahead
Your support will be never ending
As you carry the weight of a train cart
You say jump in

You’ll take me from where I am
To where you’re going

Chorus:
Enjoy the ride Enjoy the ride
Enjoy the ride Enjoy the ride
As the wind blows on my face
We’ll wind to the next destination
So enjoy the ride

Ninety miles have passed         
I ‘m no longer looking back  
The landscape has changed
There’s new things to embrace
You say you say
You’ll take me from where I am
To where you’re going

Bridge:
The journey is more important than the final stop.  You’re in control; I’m not.
So I might as well enjoy the ride

No comments:

Post a Comment