Tuesday, January 3, 2012

He Winked

I was driving back from a Christmas gathering and I looked up at the sky.  I get a little crazy about the moon and God's creation.  Sometimes I stop in my tracks if I'm walking and just gaze in awe...it blows me away at the art work around me.  Well, the moon was bursting at the seams as if it were knocking on my car window saying, "look up here." Just a half a moon that night but it was so plump and robust...and God winked at me...I sensed that His eye is on me..I'm not forgotten. My heart needed that touch and truth.
He Winked
Driving south on I-80
half a moon caught my eye
like a boulder it was solid
but cracked on one side
                Then sent from above
                a gift of love
               it looked like an eyelid was shut

Chorus:
He winked he winked
It wasn’t just a blink
intention extended
to capture my heart
Oh he winked he winked
with no second thought
I know it was from God

Sometimes I’ve wondered
when sudden things appear
like an orchestra of birds
am I the only one who hears
                 I sense a nod
                 A gentle nudge
                 I smile bashfully because

Repeat Chorus
Bridge:
It was once a mountain covered in snow
Dew dripping from a rose
Kissed by the sunlight on my nose

No comments:

Post a Comment